Monday, October 26, 2009

#47: Rancho Park Archery Range

Who would ever guess that there's a free archery range in the back of Cheviot Hills Park? And when I say "back", I mean it's waaaay in the back of the park behind the baseball diamonds... Yeah, keep walking...

So to use the range, you must attend the "safety orientation" class on
Saturdays at 11 am (or on the second Sunday of the month). Here's a tip: Go EARLY. As in 15 minutes early. The class fills up quickly and I've seen people turned away. Heck, I've been turned away.

The instructors are very professional and serious about safety. We got to shoot about 4 rounds overall, and the class lasted for about
2 hours.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard people saying now that due to Hunger Games and Brave contributing to the sport's popularity, you have to get there at 7:30 or earlier to snag a spot!

    ReplyDelete