Tuesday, September 29, 2009

#21: The Adamson House



The Adamsons are a weatlhy tile making family whose Malibu house and grounds are now state owned and open to the public. I visited the house on a weekend and took the $5 tour with a few other people.

I have to admit, for the first 5 minutes, I was wondering what I got myself into. But as the tour progressed, I got more and more into it. Our tour guide was vivacious and made me appreciate the work that went into making this unique house and each individual tile.


Broken tiles at the doorways keep out the bad spirits


After the 45 minute tour, we took a walk around the grounds, which is right by the ocean and the lagoons. The scenery is just breathtaking. I would highly recommend checking this house out if you're in Malibu. Even if you don't have any interest in tile or tiled homes, by the time you finish the Adamson House tour in Malibu, you will at least come to appreciate what goes into this time-honored craft.


The back of the house

In the backyard

No comments:

Post a Comment