Monday, November 23, 2009

#76: Color Me Mine



I paint like a 5 year old. Thankfully at Color Me Mine in Santa Monica, I can be as messy as I like. The tables are covered with paper and the clay items to choose from are so pretty on their own that it's really hard to mess them up with a bad paint job.

Choosing my piece, I felt like a kid in a candy store... skulls, switch plates, piggy banks, cups, bowls, even unicorns... I played it safe and settled on a vase (skull, you and I will meet again!) . Then we took a table and chose our paint colors. After sketching a design in pencil, I proceeded to paint outside the lines. If you're not sure what to paint on your figurine, go online and search for an inspirational design. Print it and take it with you.


My Vase Before

After



No comments:

Post a Comment