Tuesday, September 6, 2011

#208: Third Street Promenade



The Third Street Promenade was one of the first places I visited when I moved to L.A.. The spouting dinosaur foliage, the street performers, the periwinkle lit trees... When I think of Santa Monica, these are the first things that come to mind. 

With the recent renovation of Santa Monica Place and the addition of The Market, Santa Monica Promenade has become even more of a destination. I especially love the outdoor food court seating area--tres chic

The Market at Santa Monica Place

Third Street has got it all--Dining (I like Cafe Crepe), Shopping (including Zara, H&M, a ginormous Forever 21, Urban Outfitters), 7 parking garages, 4 movie theaters, and bars and clubs galore. I suggest walking down 2nd and 4th streets as well, since there are some great finds like Border Grill, Crossroads Trading Company, and REI.  

chocolates at The Market

Cheese and Meat Sampler at The Market

Interior of the Market


You can spend an entire day on the Third Street Promenade. It's also a great place to take out-of-towners.  Have you been to the Third Street Promenade?  What is your favorite thing to do there? Leave me a comment below!


Third Street Promenade


No comments:

Post a Comment