Monday, February 14, 2011

#154: Road Trip to Carlsbad



Brad and I just had an amazing weekend at our friends' beautiful new home in the 'burbs of Carlsbad. The easy drive took about 1.5-2 hours from the West Side. Much of our time was spent relaxing by their pool, soaking in the hot tub, cozying up by the fire, and being treated to gourmet home cooking. Ah, I wish I could live there! We'll be visiting many more times to come, but here are some things we have done so far in Carlsbad that you can do too:

Just a short walk from their house is the Lake Calavera Trail. Since I didn't come prepared with hiking attire and we had no water, we only went half-way, but the view was still gorgeous. Next time, to the top!


Planning a romantic getaway or a girls' day out? Visit La Costa Resort and Spa. We went to this spa a couple of years back. There's an outdoor coed pool/jacuzzi, and separate women and men indoor facilities. Near the pool there's also this shower sort of thing that releases high pressured water down on you for a sort of shower/massage. We didn't stay at the resort, but the spa was A-ok in my book!

Carlsbad Premium Outlets: It's been ages since I've gone shopping, and I do love a bargain. This outdoor shopping plaza has every discount shop you could want, including Barney's, BCBG, Calvin Klein, Gap, Banana Republic, Sunglass Hut, Crate & Barrel, Coach, and more.

Other Things I Want to Do and See in Carlsbad:

Photo by Winnie L.

Carlsbad Flower Fields: Spring can't come fast enough! Where's my Claritin?

The Museum of Making Music: Interactive exhibits for young and old music lovers.

California Surf Museum: This one's for Brad. It's in Oceanside, just a hop skip and a jump away from Carlsbad.

More hikes! There are so many trails in Carlsbad, I can't wait to go on them all.

k1 Speed Go-Karts: unleash the inner Speed Racer in you.

Lego Land: This may be more for little kids, but my curiosity is getting the better of me. Has anyone been here? Rip-off or Must-see?

Subscribe to 365 LA

No comments:

Post a Comment